10 tips to better enjoy your long haul flight.
There are heaps of little things that can make your long flight better, like flying first class for starters. But for the rest of us here are some a little less spendy.
1. Choose Your Seat Wisely: If possible, choose a seat that suits your needs. If you like to stretch out, an aisle seat might be best. If you want to sleep without being disturbed, a window seat might be better.
2. Dress Comfortably: Wear loose, comfortable clothing and layers. It can get cold on the plane, so having a sweater or jacket is a good idea.
3. Bring Entertainment: Download movies, TV shows, books, or games on your device to keep you entertained during the flight. Don't forget your charging cord either.
4. Stay Hydrated: Airplane cabins are very dry, so it's important to drink plenty of water. This starts a couple of days before takeoff. Avoid too much alcohol and caffeine as they can dehydrate you.
5. Bring Snacks: Airplane food isn't always the best, so bring some healthy snacks to satisfy you. Just be aware of international restrictions on non-packaged food products.
6. Use Noise-Cancelling Headphones: These can help block out the plane's noise and make it easier to sleep or watch a movie.
7. Move Around: To avoid deep vein thrombosis and to stretch your legs, make sure to get up and walk around the cabin every couple of hours. Wiggle your feet to the music.
8. Follow Your Destination’s Time Zone: To minimize jet lag, try to sleep and eat according to the time zone of your destination as soon as you get on the plane.
9. Pre-book your meals if you have any dietary restrictions. If not just enjoy one of your selections if you get one.
10. Stay Positive: Long flights can be tough, but stay positive.
Remember, you're on your way to a new adventure!
Cheers to great adventures,